No Moisture Treatment for Topical Steroid Withdrawal
What is No Moisture Treatment?
Dr. Kenji Sato developed the treatment after he observed some of his inpatients suffering from Topical Steroids Withdrawal. It is a treatment that follows strict and specific a lifestyle change which involves completely removing the use of all creams, lotions, moisturisers and sprays from your skin care routine. If you are looking to go into No Moisture Treatment, it is strongly advised that you consult with a medical practitioner beforehand.
The No Moisture Treatment, also known as No Moisture Therapy, allows the body to regain its full use of Cortisol without any artificial additives. Since there is a severe syntactic strain on the skin after using topical steroids cream for an extended time frame, the body's production of Cortisol begins to get affected. The No Moisture treatment allows the body to regain this part of the body's function.
No Moisture Treatment entails the abstinence of creams on the skin. It also involves limiting the amount of water consumed for the process to be in full swing. It is important to remember that all bodies are different and the healing process can vary. Some people have noted seeing improvements in the skin from the third week, while others take a longer time for a desirable result to be noticed.
No Moisture Treatment Routine
Certain rules need to be followed in ensuring the full completion of the No Moisture Treatment in the skin. Although stressful to begin with, many people who have undergone the treatment have found solace within NMT
- First, it is essential that there is no use of any moisturiser and steroid cream or gel on the skin
- Secondly, exercising daily is essential for at least one hour if the No Moisture Treatment is to be effective.
- Thirdly, showering is only recommended once in three days for two minutes, and no soaps or shampoos are allowed.
- Fourth, rest is absolutely crucial. At best, sleep by 10 pm daily so you can feel refreshed and energized
- Finally, eating a healthy nutritious diet that is filled with lipids and proteins.
Tips For Approaching No Moisture Treatment
People who have been able to break free from topical steroids withdrawal through NMT will tell you it is not easy to follow through with this treatment. This is not to deter you from NMT; similar to TSW, the results are worth the stress that is endured. Preparation is important if you want to start and finish the treatment to get the best results. The following tips can help you on your NMT and TSW journey.
- You will definitely get flare ups. Flare ups can be painful and comes in the similitude of a nasty sunburn. Some people have varying flare outbreaks during NMT. The most important thing here is to be consistent; you have to fight through it all. It is common for the skin to start glowing in a matter of days after the flare ups.
- Sleep may be challenging and uncomfortable because of the state your skin. A consistent night ritual, sleep pattern and naps during the day can definitely help,
- Apply plain gauze on oozing skin if it starts to smell. Your skin may smell it oozes then begins to dry and turn into scabs
- Avoid long exposure to the sun
Can Anyone try No Moisture Treatment?
It is crucial to consult with your doctor before trying any new treatment for your skin. As NMT does produce many success stories for TSW, it is recommended to be sure about the compatibility of the treatment to your body. Skin infections are also important to consider when considering NMT.
Pregnant women looking to start the treatment need to see their doctors to understand the intricacies of No Moisture Treatment properly.
Can you continue NMT if you get sick?
NMT does not support you neglecting your health; therefore, you should stop the treatment when you notice signs of sickness. When a person is sick, the body needs as many fluids as possible to be able to recover. Again, before starting the treatment, it is crucial to consult with your doctor and confirm if your body can withstand the treatment without any adverse reactions.
Feedback from the TSW Community
Based on the the ongoing data collection of effecting remedies and solutions to manage topical steroid withdrawal, No Moisture Treatment is trending as helpful within the TSW community.
Join The Community
Stay updated with treatments and share what works for you